Partner (Foreign Lawyer)
Erwan Barre is a Partner (Foreign Lawyer) at RHTLaw Asia and the Co-Head of our Corporate and Capital Markets Practice. He joined RHTLaw Asia in 2015 after practicing for 16 years with Sullivan & Cromwell and Paul Hastings, two leading US law firms, in Paris and New York. Focused on corporate transactions, Erwan has extensive experience representing clients across many industries, with an emphasis in the Technology and Life Science industries.
He also has management experience, being a co-founder of Vaximax, a biotech company.
Erwan has been involved in many M&A, joint venture, capital markets and financing projects in Asia, Europe and the US, including several game changing transactions. Most of these deals were cross-border. His transactional expertise is based on leading over 60 deals, representing in the aggregate more than US$20 billion. 15 of his deals exceeded US$ 500 million in value. 60% of his transactions involved TMT (telecommunications, media and technology) and life science companies. He has also represented clients in other industries, including aerospace, real estate, hospitality and energy.
His clients include blue chip names as well as promising start-ups and many leading investment banks.
Erwan has been recognised as a leading practitioner in his field by professional publications, such as Chambers and Legal 500, and he is regularly invited as guest speaker at numerous industry conferences in Asia and in Europe. Some of the recent events that he spoke at include:
- Financial Times Asia Healthcare & Life Sciences Summit
- Asia Pacific MedTech Forum
- ESSEC Conference on biotechnologies
Erwan holds an MBA from the Neoma (ESC Reims) Business School in France (1990), a pre-doctoral degree (DEA) in business law from the Pantheon-Sorbonne (Paris I) University (1993), and an LL.M. degree from Columbia University in the US (1996). Erwan has worked in Singapore, Paris, New-York and London.
Attorney admitted in Paris (France) and New York (USA), Foreign Lawyer in Singapore
LL.M (Columbia U, New York), DEA (Panthéon-Sorbonne U. Paris), MBA (ESC Reims – Neoma), Attorney admitted in Paris (France) and New York (USA), Foreign Lawyer (Singapore)
Key Areas of Expertise:
Corporate Transactions, Public and Private M&A, Private Equity Investments, Collaborations and Joint Ventures, Equity Finance Transactions (Public Offerings and Private Placements)
Direct: +65 6381 6386
Fax : +65 6816 0857
- Erwan Barre, RHTLaw Asia Healthcare & Life Sciences Partner (Foreign Lawyer), shares his legal expertise on a panel discussion “Regulatory complexity and healthcare in Asia” at the HealthInvestor Asia Summit 2018 in association with the Singapore Exchange at Marina Bay Sands
- Healthcare and Life Sciences Partner (Foreign Lawyer) Erwan Barre invited to moderate at the MedTech Forum organised by Asia Pacific Medical Technology Association
- RHTLaw Asia Partner (Foreign Lawyer) Erwan Barre invited to speak at Financial Times Asia Healthcare & Life Sciences Summit