YANG Eu Jin
Yang Eu Jin is Partner and Co-Head of RHTLaw Asia’s Corporate and Capital Markets Practice and Head of the Education Industry Group. He has covered a wide spectrum of corporate and securities law-related work, with particular expertise in corporate finance and capital markets work, having advised many local and foreign enterprises seeking to undertake public listings (IPOs) and post-listing corporate action and fund-raising activities on the SGX. He also has experience in corporate banking, project financing, fund management, private equity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate restructurings, as well as regulatory and compliance matters, including regulatory requirements under the Securities and Futures Act and the Financial Advisers Act.
Eu Jin has been involved in SGX Mainboard and Catalist IPOs of many notable companies, including one of the largest K-12 international school operators in Singapore, a leading global integrated supply chain manager of agricultural products and food ingredients, a PRC pharmaceutical company engaged in the R&D, production, sales and marketing of cardiocerebral and non-cardiocerebral vascular drugs, a leading local provider of integrated circuit (IC) module assembly and testing services for contact and dual interface smart cards, and several companies in the marine and terrestrial logistics and transportation fields.
He has also spent a number of years as General Counsel of a SGX Mainboard-listed company, overseeing on all legal, regulatory and corporate governance matters.
- Acted for a leading global integrated supply chain manager of agricultural products and food ingredients for the Initial Public Offering and Listing on the Mainboard of the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited which gave the company a market capitalization of approximately S$929 million.
- Legal adviser to a Singapore logistics company specialising in “clean room” transportation listed on the SGX-SESDAQ for reverse-takeover by a Singapore-based regional logistics service provider specializing in the provision of machinery and equipment relocation solutions.
- Acted for a PRC pharmaceutical company as solicitors to the manager, underwriter and placement agent in the listing on the Mainboard of the SGX-ST. The IPO raised approximately S$51.6 million.
- Acted as solicitors to the invitation in the listing on the Catalist of the SGX-ST of a comprehensive provider of integrated circuit (IC) module assembly and testing services for contact and dual interface smart cards.
- Acted for one of the leading civil engineering firms in the world as solicitors for in its acquisition of a mechanical engineering consulting business in Singapore.
- Acted for Toshiba Mobile Display Co., Ltd as Singapore counsel in the disposal of its shares in AFPD Pte Ltd to AU Optronics (L) Corp. The value of the deal was US$210 million.
- Acted for KOP Properties Pte Ltd as Singapore counsel in the sale of the shares of East Coast (Cecil) Investment Pte Ltd which is the legal and registered owner of a plot of land and a commercial building known as “The Spazio’” (formerly known as ‘Dapenso Building’). The value of the deal was approximately US$14,565,000.
- Acted for Dickson Concepts (International) Limited as Singapore counsel for Dickson Concepts (International) Limited and its associated companies in the sale of the licence to sell “Polo” and “Ralph Lauren” branded products by Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation. Polo Ralph Lauren acquired the licence in Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and the People’s Republic of China from Dickson Concepts (International).
- Acted as Singapore counsel for a leading SGX-ST Mainboard-listed PRC pharmaceutical company in a voluntary conditional cash offer and the subsequent delisting from the SGX-ST. The value of the transaction was approximately S$450 million.
- Acted for Asia Pacific’s leading SGX Mainboard-listed marine offshore supply and logistics company, Sinwa Limited, on the disposal of its entire core business to a private equity and investment firm for a total value of approximately S$83.5 million.
LLB (Hons) (Singapore)
Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore
Eu Jin has spoken at seminars organised by various specialist event organisers such as Lexis-Nexis Butterworths, CCH Asia, Asia Business Forum, and Terrapinn and has written articles on corporate and securities law for legal publishers and publications such as Butterworths Tolley and Asian Legal Business.
LL.B (Hons) (Singapore); Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore
Key Areas of Expertise:
Capital Markets & Corporate Governance
Direct: +65 6381 6871
Fax: +65 6816 0857