Rizwi is one of the founding members of RHTLaw Asia. He has been in practice for about 20 years and is the Acting Head of the Firm’s Intellectual Property & Technology Practice.
In the area of Intellectual Property, Rizwi’s main areas of legal practice covers the creation, protection, commercialisation and enforcement of intellectual property in Singapore, and in the region. For Technology matters, Rizwi’s focus covers mainly Data Privacy issues, personal data protection and cyber security issues. The main regulatory aspects of Rizwi’s practice areas include Telecommunications and Competition Law.
In addition to his areas of practice, Rizwi also heads our Consumer Brands Industry Group and our Korean desk.
Rizwi contributes regularly on topics including life sciences research, data protection, and franchising and has been featured in the Singapore Business Times and Bloomberg Asia (2016) mainly on issues relating to cyber security and data protection.
LL.B (Hons) (London); LL.M (London); Barrister-at-Law (Gray’s Inn); Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore
Key Areas of Expertise:
Copyright & Media, Corporate & Commercial, Information Technology & Telecommunications, Trade Marks, Designs & Patents
Direct: +65 6381 6818
Fax: +65 6816 0857
Rizwi is a recognized leading lawyer and has received recognition for his work over the years. Most recently, he was ranked as a leading lawyer in Patents by Who’s Who Legal in 2016, and he has been recognized as a leading individual for Trade Mark Prosecution and Strategy by the World Trademark Review 1000 in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- Intellectual Property & Technology Partner Wun Rizwi shared his take on the recent Grab-Uber Merger with The Straits Times
- Test In view of the recent Grab-Uber merger, Partner Rizwi Wun opined in The Straits Times that “The commission may give further directions to Grab and/or Uber not to stop using the Uber app for the time being”
- RHTLaw Taylor Wessing Partners Wun Rizwi and Jack Ow conducted second MasterClass for BNP Paribas
- RHTLaw Taylor Wessing Partners Wun Rizwi and Jack Ow conducted MasterClass for BNP Paribas
- RHTLaw Taylor Wessing Partner Wun Rizwi featured in a Singapore Business Review article titled “Is there a need for new cyber security bill?”
- RHTLaw Taylor Wessing Partner Wun Rizwi contributed to a Bloomberg BNA publication titled “Bloomberg Law: Privacy & Data Security”
- RHTLaw Taylor Wessing Partner Wun Rizwi and Senior Associate Jack Ow co-authored an opinion piece titled “End of safe-harbour deal: S’pore’s position” for The Business Times
- Intellectual Property & Technology Partner Wun Rizwi & Senior Associate Jack Ow quoted in Bloomberg Business article titled “A Veil of Secrecy Aids Surge in Cyber-Attacks in Asia”
- RHTLaw Taylor Wessing in partnership with the UK Intellectual Property Office and UK Trade & Investment, produced a video on Intellectual Property for British SMEs and corporations
- RHTLaw Taylor Wessing Partner Wun Rizwi’s article published in Bloomberg BNA’s December 2014 edition