Suppiah Thangaveloo is a Consultant with the Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice, with more than 33 years of litigation experience.
Thangaveloo continues to practice Criminal Law, Family Law, Corporate/Commercial Law & Civil Litigation, Employment Law, Construction Law, Accident & Industrial Accident, Syariah Law related to Muslim Divorces, Estate Matters/Trust (Muslim & Non-Muslim) including Bankruptcy, Winding Up/Insolvency, Property Law related to Tenancies.
- Represented clients in capital cases including commercial crimes related to credit card fraud, corruption, insider trading & money laundering matters. Advised client in cross-border criminal matter in Malaysia.
- Represented clients in complex family matters, cross-border family matters with successful injunctions preventing removal of children from jurisdiction. Represented clients in mental incapacity matters and setting up of trusts for after-care.
- Represented companies and businesses in legal advisory work providing retainer services. Represented companies and businesses in their internal control disputes, share disputes, partnership disputes and drafting/vetting of commercial agreements.
- Represented clients in unfair dismissal and in the termination of employment with successful recovery of compensation from employers. Represented corporate clients to draft/review and advise on employment contracts whilst dealing with termination of employees.
- Represented developers, contractors and home owners in construction disputes with successful mediation.
- Represented clients successfully in personal injury, vehicle property damage claims including industrial accident claims for workman compensation.
- Represented Muslim clients in Syariah Law matters of divorces at Muslim Appeal Board, drafting of Muslim Wills, Muslim Estate and business succession planning with documentation of Family Arrangements/Family Office and Family Constitution.
- Representing clients in Deceased Estate, Probate and Letter of Administration including drafting of Private Trusts and Will Trust.
- Represented clients in Bankruptcy, Winding Up/Insolvency restructuring matters.
- Represented clients in conveyances of property and acted for banks in mortgages of properties.
- Represented clients in cross-border mining contracts in the Philippines.
- Represented client in cross-border enforcement of foreign judgement in Australia.
BA Law (Hons) (Manchester) (1981), Degree of Utter Barrister (Gray’s Inn) (1983), Post Graduate Practical Course in Law Board of Education (Singapore) (1984)
Key Areas of Expertise:
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Direct: +65 6381 6936
Fax: +65 6816 0857