Sharon’s legal practice encompasses a diverse range of dispute resolution areas with a strong focus on contractual disputes and a special interest in conflict of laws. Sharon has also handled complex cross border disputes involving shareholder and partnership disputes as well as contentious trademark and copyright infringement matters.
Sharon has acted for a wide spectrum of clients ranging from private individuals and companies to public listed companies and multi-national companies.
Apart from disputes resolution, Sharon also handles advisory work in relation to compliance with governmental and regulatory bodies, tenancy, trusts, trademarks, data protection, employment and shareholders and partnership arrangements. With a litigation perspective, she is able to provide clients with practical insight and advice.
Some of the matters that Sharon was involved in include:
- Represented a Hong Kong company in a dispute involving HK$31.5 million in the Singapore International Commercial Courts which was eventually brought to the Court of Appeal with a successful outcome for the client;
- Represented a homegrown luxury lifestyle brand on negotiating a share buyout arrangement;
- Represented a Chinese investment company in a shareholders’ dispute involving a claim of S$10 million;
- Representing a public listed Singapore company against a Chinese shareholder in a claim for approximately S$7.5 million arising from a share subscription agreement;
- Represented several public listed Singapore companies in restructuring exercises including schemes of arrangement under section 210(10) and section 211B of the Companies Act;
- Advised one of Indonesia’s largest coal producers on its contractual rights in a claim of US$20 million;
- Represented a global leading agri-business in various cross-border claims for breach of contract against rice suppliers;
- Represented a leading Singapore social media influencer in a dispute over the talent management contract and a defamation claim;
- Represented a Singapore food and beverage company with worldwide presence in various trademark opposition and invalidation proceedings;
- Advising an international Swiss bank in respect of a trust involving assets of approximately US$58 million and drafting the trust instrument as well as the necessary liability waiver agreements and non-disclosure agreements;
- Acting as co-counsel representing a leading magazine for a trademark infringement and passing off claim before the Court of Appeal;
- Part of a pioneer team involved in advising and implementing compliance systems for various companies including a listed property developer and a listed global water solutions company to ensure compliance with Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act;
- Acting as lead counsel in successfully obtaining a summary judgment for enforcement of a Japanese judgment for the sum of approximately S$25 million and subsequent enforcement proceedings to recover the judgment sum;
- Represented an esteemed Italian furniture supplier on conflict of laws issues and successfully obtaining a stay of proceedings in Singapore on the grounds of forum non conveniens
Sharon was admitted as Advocate and Solicitor in Singapore (2010).
Sharon attained her Bachelor of Laws (2nd Upper Class Honours) from the National University of Singapore in 2009.
- “Singapore’s Most Influential Lawyers Aged 40 and Under for 2019” by the Singapore Business Review