Partner (Foreign Lawyer)
Piyush has close to two decades of extensive experience advising clients on the full range of matters covering aviation, corporate finance, corporate regulatory and competition matters, including cartel enforcement, abuse of dominance, merger control and competition audit and compliance across Asia. He has extensive experience representing international airlines, MROs and OEMs on various aspects of aviation law. He has also conducted numerous trainings and workshops on various issues including aircraft leasing and financing, competition compliances, emissions trading and alliances, and regulatory hurdles within the aviation industry.
While his practice and extensive experience will help expand the firm’s aviation practice group in Asia, Piyush has also been appointed to help develop the newly-formed India practice group. Piyush has deep interest in thought leadership involving the regulatory environment surrounding the use unmanned aerial vehicles or drones, and he has established deep credibility within this domain in Singapore, India, and the EU.
- The Fundamentals of Personal Data Protection
Singapore Academy of Law, 2018
- The George Washington University Law School, Washington, D.C.
LL.M. (International and Comparative Law), May 2005
- Indian Society of International Law, New Delhi, India
Post Graduate Diploma in International Trade and Business Law, 2004
- Amity Law School, New Delhi, India
Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Laws, 2004
- Center for Environmental Law, World Wide Fund for Nature – India, New Delhi, India
Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Law, 2003
- Faculty of Law, University of Delhi, India
Bachelor of Law (LL.B.), 2003
- Delhi University, India
Bachelor of Commerce (with Honors), 2000
He is also a member of the Delhi Bar Association.
Piyush has received many commendations and has been ranked by international publications consistently:
- Chambers & Partners (2020) – “Prominent Figure” in the aviation and aerospace sector in India
- Asialaw Leading Lawyers (2020) – “Distinguished Practitioner” for Aviation laws in India
- Asia Pacific Legal 500 (2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015) – “Recommended lawyer” for Antitrust / Competition
- Asia Pacific Legal 500 (2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015) – “Leading Individual Lawyer” for Aviation Laws
- Asialaw Leading Lawyers (2018, 2017, 2016) – “Market-Leading lawyer” in Competition & Antitrust in India