Co-Head of ESG Practice and Partner of Appropriate Dispute Resolution Practice, Anil is an accredited Mediator, Arbitrator, Adjudicator, and Dispute Board, Restorative Justice and ODR practitioner.
Anil, a Conflict Avoidance, Dispute Resolution, Restorative Justice and Online Dispute Resolution practitioner, is
- an accredited Mediator with the Singapore Mediation Centre, Asian International Arbitration Centre (AIAC), Vietnam International Commercial Mediation Centre and Singapore Family Justice Court
- trained as Investor State Mediator (by Centre of Effective Dispute Resolution with the International Centre of Settlement of Investment Disputes & recognised by the International Mediation Institute);
- an Adjudicator with the Asia International Arbitration Centre
- an Arbitrator, Fellows of the Chartered, Singapore and Philippines Institutes of Arbitrators and trained as an International Investment Treaty Arbitrator at AIAC
- trained as a Restorative Justice practitioner at the International Institute of Restorative Practice and is being trained in Global Peacebuilder Certificate, multicultural dispute resolution (mediation) with the Mediators Beyond Borders International
- trained in Emotional Intelligence (EQ) coaching
and is the Country Representative (Singapore) for the ADR ODR International and Dispute Resolution Board Foundation.
Anil was in April 2023 appointed by the Law Society of Singapore as the Chairperson for Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Working Group. He has since 2014 and continues to be the Honorary Legal Advisor to the Singapore Institute of Architects, Singapore Institute of Surveyors and Valuers and Society of Interior Designers Singapore.
Anil qualified and is admitted as an Advocate & Solicitor of Singapore (1995); a Solicitor of England and Wales (2009); qualified as Barrister at Law (Middle Temple) England & Wales (1993); and holds a Master of Science in Construction Law & Arbitration, Kings College London & National University of Singapore (2006).
With a career spanning international legal practice with the arbitration with international law firm Lovells Lee & Lee (2008 – 9) and in house as General Counsel and Director of Contract Advisory and Dispute Management division of Davis Langdon & Seah – Arcadis Group (2006 – 8), Anil is well versed in appropriate arbitration. Before graduating with an LLB Hon from the University of Buckingham (UK – 1992), Anil was an Infantry Officer for five years with the Singapore Armed Forces (1983 – 8).