Nandakumar Renganathan is the Deputy Head of the firm’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice and one of the founding members of RHTLaw Asia. He has been in active legal practice for about 21 years.
He is well regarded as an experienced counsel and over the years he has acted for both public listed and private limited companies in commercial claims. Claims handled by him include contractual claims, shareholder and partnership disputes, sale of goods, defamation, property disputes, medical negligence intellectual property (trade mark and copyright) infringements and sale and purchase of companies.
Nandakumar has acted for liquidators of companies in both contentious and non-contentious matters. He has advised and acted for management corporations in claims against subsidiary proprietors. Nandakumar also acted for several sub-contractors and main contractors in claims relating to various aspects of building construction which includes interior renovation and structural and supply claims and has bunker and cargo claims experience. He has represented clients in applications to the court for Anton Piller and Mareva injunctions.
He handles and advises on international commercial arbitrations as counsel for both individuals and corporations. Nandakumar is also appointed as a Commissioner for Oaths and a Notary Public.
Nandakumar also has a well-established Wills and Probate practice. He has made several applications in court for appointment of trustees for persons who are mentally incapable of handling their estates due to mental incapacity.
Below are some of the reported court cases Nandakumar has handled:
- Chiam Toon Hong v Ong Soo Yong
 SGHC 138
- Transbilt Engineering Pte Ltd (in liquidation) v Finebuild Systems Pte Ltd
 3 SLR(R) 550;  SGCA 33
- OTO Bodycare Pte Ltd v Hiew Keat Foong
 SGHC 133
- Watchdata Technologies Pte Ltd v Kamalraj Johnson and Another
 SGHC 60
- Chiam Heng Luan and others v Chiam Heng Hsien and others
 4 SLR(R) 305;  SGHC 132
- Tiananmen KTV & Lounge Pte Ltd and Others v Innoform Entertainment Pte Ltd
 SGCRT 1
- Indranil Ray Chaudhury v Debashis Tarafdar and Chaitali Tarafdar
 SGDC 442
Nandakumar was called to the bar as a barrister in England (1993) and is admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor in Singapore (1995).
Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore; Commissioner for Oaths and Notary Public
Key Areas of Expertise:
Financial Services, Commercial Litigation, Probate & Administration
Direct: +65 6381 6833
Fax : +65 6816 0857
- Deputy Head of Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice, Mr Nandakumar Renganathan, comments in Channel News Asia’s article titled ‘Big Shock: Retail investors in Singapore caught out by Hyflux woes’
- Deputy Head of Litigation & Dispute Resolution Nandakumar Renganathan quoted in The Straits Times article titled “New way to settle telco disputes: Safeguards needed to prevent abuse”
- RHTLaw Taylor Wessing Deputy Head of Litigation & Dispute Resolution Nandakumar Renganathan interviewed by The Sunday Times on fraudulent investment schemes related to land-banking and gold buy-backs
- RHTLaw Taylor Wessing Deputy Head of Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice Nandakumar Renganathan featured in TODAY
- Deputy Head of Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice Nandakumar Renganathan quoted in The Straits Times