LIOW Yee Kai
Partner (Foreign Lawyer)
Liow Yee Kai is a qualified lawyer with over 15 years of corporate and commercial legal experience having worked in Hong Kong, Singapore, New Zealand and Southeast Asia. Starting out as a Solicitor in New Zealand, Yee Kai went on to become the Regional Legal Counsel and Compliance Director for Singapore Technologies, Motorola and Schneider Electric. He has also served as an independent director on a number of companies, including listed companies in the US, Singapore and Hong Kong.
Yee Kai grew up in Singapore and graduated from Nanyang Technological University with a Master’s in Business Administration in Business Law. Prior to that, he obtained his Bachelor of Laws from the University of Victoria in Wellington, New Zealand. He has been admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand and was a member of the Singapore In-house Counsel Association and the Hong Kong In-house Counsel Association.
More recently, Yee Kai has spent over eight years working in a major law firm in Phnom Penh being the lead lawyer on a wide range of projects including:
- Acquisition of a microfinance company
- Setting up a new domestic airline
- Purchase of land and building a garment factory
- Establishment of a new university
- Purchase of land and building a condominium
- Setting up an insurance company
- Launching an international coffee chain
- Merging of a bank and a microfinance company
He is also on the panel of lawyers for Phillip Bank (Cambodia), Maybank (Cambodia), Kredit Microfinance and Woori Bank Microfinance (Cambodia), and was on the Board of Directors of VisionFund Cambodia for 3 years.
He is fluent in English and Mandarin; and conversant in Cantonese.
- Master of Business Administration, Nanyang Technological University
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Victoria in Wellington, New Zealand
- A Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- Member of Singapore In-house Counsel Association
- Member of Hong Kong In-house Counsel Association
Key Areas of Expertise:
Understanding the requirements of In-House Legal Teams, Operating a Business in Cambodia, General Corporate & Commercial legal work and Banking & Microfinance legal work in Cambodia
Direct: +65 6381 6834
Fax: +65 6816 0857