Kaylee Kwok is one of the founding members of RHTLaw Asia and is a Private Wealth Partner. She is qualified to practise in both Singapore and Hong Kong jurisdictions. Her areas of practice include general corporate, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate secretarial, project financing, asset securitisation, real estate, corporate and private banking, and China related matters.
Her clients include banks and other financial institutions, multinational companies, public listed and private companies, charities and institutions of public character, property developers, government statutory boards and private banking clients.
Kaylee is currently the Company Secretary of various Singapore public and private companies including Lee Kuan Yew Exchange Fellowship, Lee Kuan Yew Scholarship Fund, Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship Fund and INSEAD. She also sits on the boards of directors of RHT Rajan Menon Foundation Ltd and Chow Tai Fook Charity Foundation (Singapore) Limited.
• Advised United Engineers Limited (UEL) in its sale and purchase agreement with Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited (OCBC), pursuant to which the transaction for OCBC’s wholly own subsidiary to purchase 100% issued share capital and shareholder’s loans of UEL’s special purpose vehicles UE Orchard Pte Ltd and UE Somerset Pte Ltd (SPVs) for an aggregate cash consideration of approximately S$ 196,000 and S$ 353,000,000 respectively was completed on 30 September 2014. The SPVs are the developers of the redevelopment project on the former Specialists Centre and Hotel Phoenix site located at 277 Orchard Road and which is now known as orchardgateway.
• Acted for United Engineers Developments Pte Ltd (UED) in the tender of the land parcel at Bendemeer Road / Whampoa East, advising both UED and its appointed developer UE Development (Bendemeer) Pte Ltd (UED Bendemeer) on the building agreement and state lease in respect of the said land parcel, with a tender price of S$ 543,000,888. In addition, Kaylee also acted for UED Bendemeer (as borrower) and UED (as sponsor) in the syndicated loan financing comprising loan facilities amounting to S$ 556,000,000 granted by OCBC, Maybank, UOB and to partly finance the payment of tender price for the said land parcel and related construction costs for the development project.
• Acted for Global Indian Schools Holdings Limited and GIH Group Holdings South Asia Pte Ltd in the S$ 25,000,000 loan financing from International Finance Corporation, the private sector investment arm of the World Bank.
• Acted for an international bank in the grant of banking facilities for the construction of a luxury resort and spa development project in Lijiang County, Yunnan Province of PRC.
• Acted for a local bank in the grant of S$75,000,000 banking facilities to finance the renovation works of a luxury beach resort on Sentosa Island, Singapore.
• Acted as lead counsel for a major US bicycle brand in the multi-jurisdictional project relating to the launch of e-commerce in 10 jurisdictions namely Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Taiwan, South Korea, Vietnam, Australia and New Zealand. Member law firms of the ASEAN Plus Group (APG) were also involved in the project.
• Acted for the Singapore subsidiary companies of a PRC state-owned telecommunications conglomerate, in their applications to the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore for stamp duty relief under sections 15(1)(b) and 74 of the Stamp Duties Act in relation to the purchase of an industrial property in Singapore. The stamp duty savings for the clients were around S$ 10,000,000.
• Acting as legal adviser to various charities and non-profit organisations such as National Council of Social Service (including its fundraising arm Community Chest), Singapore Cancer Society, National Gallery Singapore and Chow Tai Fook Charity Foundation (Singapore) Limited.
• Acting for various multi-national corporations and other corporate clients in their employment matters including:-
– Preparing/reviewing employment contracts, employee handbooks, workforce standards and regulations as well as termination / settlement agreements for various public and private companies
– Advising on employment matters including breach of duties, wrongful termination, retrenchment exercises, restrictive covenants as well as disputes over general employment matters
– Assisting in Singapore employment pass applications and appeals against rejections
– Advising employers in collective agreements as well as negotiations with trade unions
LL.B (Hons)(Singapore); LL.M (Singapore);
Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore; Solicitor, Hong Kong SAR
LL.B (Hons)(Singapore); LL.M (Singapore); Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore; Solicitor, Hong Kong SAR
Key Areas of Expertise:
Charities & Institutions of Public Character, Education, Corporate Real Estate, Employment & Labour Relations, Project Finance, Mergers, Acquisitions & Divestments
Direct: +65 6381 6981
Fax: +65 6816 0857