Jeremiah is a Partner with RHTLaw Asia where he counsels clients on capital markets, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, and funds. In addition, he advises clients on post-IPO corporate governance and compliance issues. Most recently, Jeremiah was recognised by the Singapore Business Review as one of Singapore’s most influential lawyers aged 40 and under for 2019, and in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020 Edition as a Next-Generation Partner.
Jeremiah is also the legal advisor to Singapore’s Association of Listed Companies, and Australian Alumni Singapore, which is the national umbrella organisation for the 200,000 Singaporean or Singapore-based graduates of Australian universities. Jeremiah also serves on the Law Society of Singapore’s Corporate Practice Committee and International Relations Committee.
Jeremiah is fluent in Mandarin.
Jeremiah has been involved in a wide spectrum of matters, including the following:
- IPO of a Singapore precision engineering group on the Catalist Board of the SGX-ST. This was the first Singapore IPO of 2019, and one of the first (if not the first) whose offer document was based on the new Securities and Futures (Offers of Investments) (Securities and Securities-Based Derivatives Contracts) Regulations 2018.
- IPO of a Singapore main contractor on the Main Board of the HKEX. This was the first Hong Kong IPO of 2020.
- Spin-off and IPO of a subsidiary of a Singapore-listed technology group on the Main Board of the SGX-ST.
- Spin-off and IPO of a subsidiary of a Singapore-listed healthcare group on the Catalist Board of the SGX-ST.
- Issue of new convertible bonds by a Singapore-listed oil and gas services provider, and the repurchase of its previously-issued convertible bonds.
- Issue of redeemable exchangeable bonds by a Singapore-listed technology group.
- Issue of redeemable preference shares by a subsidiary of a Singapore-listed power and energy services group, which may be exchanged into ordinary shares of its listed parent.
- Rights cum warrants issue by a Singapore-listed construction group.
- Establishment of 3 different funds, with projected combined assets under management in excess of S$300 million.
- Establishment of an Asian country’s first stock exchange, and in connection therewith, reviewing and assisting with its operationalisation and drafting of the various trading and listing rules.
- Proposed investment by a Korean conglomerate into one of Singapore’s upcoming blockchain-based capital markets platform and investment syndication platform.
- Various confidential appeals and consultations with the SGX-ST for and on behalf of listed issuers with regard to continuing listing obligations.
- Assisting as compliance officer in the continuing sponsorship 5 Catalist Board issuers (reviewing for compliance with the SGX-ST’s listing rules).
Corporate / Mergers and Acquisitions
- Proposed takeover of a Singapore-listed food and beverage group by a Hong Kong-listed conglomerate.
- Reorganisation of the Singapore subsidiaries of a water technology group that is part of a Fortune 500 group (top 5).
- Investment by a Macau conglomerate into Singapore-based wellness consultancy, development and management firm which has operations in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia.
- Private label agreement between a Myanmar conglomerate and a Chinese motorcycle manufacturer in relation to the establishment of a new brand of motorcycles.
- Series A financing of a Singapore-based cancer treatment research group by a Silicon Valley venture capital group.
- Acquisition of the business of a regional internet service provider by a Singapore-listed technology group from an Australian-listed telecommunications group.
- Acquisition of the business of a leading aesthetics practice by a Singapore-listed healthcare group, for S$26.5 million.
- Acquisition of a freehold boarding house by a multi-industry group for S$21.4 million.
- Acquisition of 8 units at a Grade A landmark office tower by 2 high net-worth individuals, from a global investment management corporation, for S$32.3 million, through the purchase of the offshore holding entities.
- Acquisition, and then lease-back, of a prime property by a Singapore-listed healthcare group from a Singapore-listed bank, for S$40 million.
- Disposal of a prime property by a Singapore-listed healthcare group via the sale of the holding vehicle, for S$120 million.
- Joint venture between a Singapore-listed offshore marine and oil and gas group and a Mexican ship building and repair group.
- Drafting of personal data protection policies and practices for various banks and companies.
Bachelor of Laws, Monash University (Melbourne, Australia) (2008)
- Legal advisor to Singapore’s Association of Listed Companies
- Legal advisor to Australian Alumni Singapore
- Law Society of Singapore
- Member of the Corporate Practice Committee, Law Society of Singapore
- Member of the International Relations Committee, Law Society of Singapore
Bachelor of Laws, Monash University (Melbourne, Australia), Advocate & Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore
Key Areas of Expertise:
Capital Markets, Mergers & Acquisitions, FinTech
Direct: +65 6381 6856
Fax : +65 6816 0857
- “Singapore’s Most Influential Lawyers Aged 40 and Under for 2019” by the Singapore Business Review
- “Next Generation Partner, Capital Markets: Equity and Debt: Local Firms” by the Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020 Edition
- SGX Proposes New Regulatory Framework for Secondary Listings, published in Asian Legal Business (July 2014)
- Suing the Pied Piper – The Legality of the Research Report which Halved China Minzhong’s Share Price, published in Asian Legal Business (September 2013)