- Tay Chin Wah v PP  1 SLR(R) 838. Appeared for the Appellant in the Court of Appeal in a case that involved using a firearm with intent to cause physical injury under the Arms Offences Act (Cap 14).
- Yeo Kang Ho v PP  SGCA 74. Appeared for the Appellant in the Court of Appeal in a drug trafficking case.
- PP v Kwan Cin Cheng  1 SLR(R) 434. Appeared for the Respondent in the Court of Appeal in a murder case where the defence of grave and sudden provocation was raised, and the Court applied the “reasonable man” test.
- PP v Low Tiong Choon  2 SLR(R) 119. Appeared for the Respondent (a police officer at the Subordinate Court) in the PP’s appeal against conviction in a case under the Prevention of Corruption Act (Cap 241).
- PP v Okonkwo Gabriel and another  2 SLR(R) 256. Appeared for the PP in a drug trafficking case that involved foreign accused persons and a special agent from the US DEA.
- Ho Boon Thong v PP  2 SLR(R) 240. Appeared for the PP in a case involving a young person. The issue involved the determination of the relevant date for determining the age of a “young person” for the purposes of the jurisdiction of the Juvenile Court under s 48 of the Children and Young Persons Act (Cap 38).
- PP v Ker Ban Siong  2 SLR(R) 181. Appeared for the PP in a case where the High Court ruled on whether an adverse inference can be drawn from the silence of an accused person.
In addition, Eng Hui also has substantial experience in cases involving corruption, fraud and deceit.
Besides criminal practice, Eng Hui who also has a degree in Civil Engineering is also familiar with construction law and claim disputes. He is also experienced in private prosecution in Copyright and Trademark infringement matters.
Eng Hui is also the Chairman of Institutional Discipline Advisory / Review Committee 6 (IDAC/IDRC IV). This is one of 6 sub-committees formed under the Singapore Prison Service that renders an opinion to the Director of Prisons on whether the corporal punishment ordered by a Superintendent on any inmate for committing an institutional offence in penal institutions / DRCs is excessive.
LL.B (Hons) (Singapore); LL.M (London); Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore; B. Eng (Civil) (Hons) (Singapore)
Key Areas of Expertise: Criminal Law, White Collar Crime
Direct: +65 6381 6943
Fax: +65 6816 0857